Monday, September 22, 2014

Midterms

Well I promised to write again soon and never got around to, so.... my latest update. Last week was midterms. Everything at school was crazy. This term is two weeks shorter than the last two terms and so everything is being jammed super close together. Finals start in practically 3 weeks it feels like. In the midst of all that, the sports teams have been competing in an inter-school competition. The boys basketball team won their first game, but lost their second, the soccer team lost their first game, the girls basketball team lost their first game (but played with a lot of heart! I am super proud of them), and finally the girls volleyball team has reached the finals.... Thanks to the fact that the first and second team they were suppose to play both forfeited. St. Igantius, should probably stick to the academics for now. In other news, Tim made a piƱata for Spanish club (I helped with the decoration) and it was a lot of fun to watch the kids smash it to pieces. Though also bitter sweet because my (but lots and lots of Tim's) blood, sweat, and tears went I to creating that thing. 
We strung it on the basketball hoop and I blindfolded and spun the kids around while Tim worked the rope. When it finaly got knocked down, the kids dog-piled on top of one another trying to get at it. I am  thankful no one got hurt. In other news, Tim and I made Rwandan guacamole to go with dinner last night and we offered some to one of the kitchen workers, Baptiste. He was super skeptical of why we would ever mash our salad together and when we finally convinced him to try some, well... the look on his face was pretty priceless. It was pretty spicy because we put this Rwandan chilli called pili-pili in it and boy did it have some kick. More than that though, I don't think Baptiste had ever tasted cumin, which Tim had very liberally dumped into the guacomole.... Mostly life is just filled with school though. I spent the two weeks after my trip to South Africa trying to get caught up on school stuff because I had been gone for a week. Then I've been trying to catch up on my school work because of midterms. It is a never ending cycle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment